Sunday, July 22, 2012

Aging


My 4 year old granddaughter and I recently ran to the store for veggies to grill. On the way back to the car a young man offered to take my cart and handed me the gallon of milk still in the front of the carriage. He was on his way to bring the carts back into the store. Once in the car my granddaughter asked, "Did that man help you because you are old?" "No," I quickly answered. "I don't have any problems doing it all by myself. He was just being nice." After a pause my loving granddaughter informs me, "Well your face and neck look old."

You cream, exercise, eat well, try to live positively, you meditate, fill your life with art and friends and family and do your best to deal with the normal stresses of life.  But, we all get old.  And through the eyes of a 4 year old how old I must look as I near 60.  I don't feel old but....2 years away from 60!  When did that happen?  

No comments:

Post a Comment