Friday, June 25, 2010

Ah....Summer Begins


A fresh cup of pomegranate green tea, an unopened copy of The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by my computer (been wanting to read this book for a full year), my laptop open and ready for my flying fingers, the river gently flowing all around me...now this is the way to spend summer mornings.....once I regain consciousness, that is. These last few weeks, days, hours, minutes of school have been painfully long and drawn out for reasons too boring to even write about.

Today, on my first day of summer vacation, I feel comatose but once that lifts, and it always does, here is where I expect to spend many an early summer morning reading and writing. I am hoping that book is finally on it's way this summer. Well, after I return from Seattle, Idaho and spending much of a week visiting my friend at her lake house :) Summer needs to be longer! Although whoever am I to complain as I look forward to 9 weeks off :P

No comments:

Post a Comment