Friday, November 20, 2009

Thinking 'Bout New Glass!


"What did you do as a child that made the hours pass like minutes?
Herein lies the key to what you should be doing in your worldly pursuits."
Carl Jung..

I have been sick for a week. When I am sick I think..a lot. I think about my life and what I'm doing. What has occurred to me during my recent homeboundedness is that I need to find time for art. Art. My own, unique and original art, makes me happy. Color turns me on. Creating something from nothing is the deepest pleasure I feel...well, one of them, anyway :P. Being creative and working with color makes everything else fall into place for me. I have to find time for it. Make art, peace follows. It's like yoga and meditation. Carl Jung wrote that art is done for the sake of it not because you might sell it or have it judged. You create because it transforms you. You create because you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment