Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am Thankful for....



merrybellspreschoolhouse.com

I was out sick from work for a full week. The first morning I returned, the students in my accelerated math group literally sat on top of me as we organized ourselves around the giant tables in the cafeteria and started to work. Guess they were glad I was back. Later that day, two of my most challenging reading students put extraordinary effort into tasks that are so fundamentally difficult for them. There was no resistance; only hard work. Towards the end of the day, one of my behaviorally challenged students was absolutely delightful and cooperative. I think in all the meetings and rush, rush of my job, the paperwork, the recess duties, the testing, I forget how much my work with kids means to them. I am grateful and feel fortunate and thankful that I not only enjoy my work (most of the time!) but I seem to impact the lives of many of the kids I work with in a positive way. Now, that's the way life should be.

1 comment: