Saturday, June 27, 2009

Grilled Antipasto!

Posted by Picasa

As I was rummaging through the refrigerator this evening looking for dinner inspiration, I found lots of veggies. Antipasto! I thought. Recently our friends had introduced us to luscious, grilled veggies as an antipasto. Antipasto, in Italian, literally means "before the meal" and is meant as a first course. You traditionally include cured meats and such things as anchovies and artichoke hearts. We enjoyed it, with my funky embellishments, for our main meal! My husband kindly grilled up red and yellow peppers, summer squash, onions, eggplant, and zucchini. I had marinated these wonderful morsels in olive I had simmered with garlic and herbs...oh my is all I can say. I added some cold, grilled sliced pork, and a mozzarella/tomato salad sprinkled with a chiffonade of our own basil. To top it off, I drizzled olive oil, lemon juice and some balsamic over everything on the platter. Wow..this was a really great summer meal, enjoyed on our deck (we just ate off the giant serving platter) as we watched the fog roll in (at least it wasn't raining!).




No comments:

Post a Comment