Friday, March 13, 2009

Hopeful and Sad


This is a picture out my back door. Spectacular, isn't it? I have loved living in this condo the past 3 plus years. Unfortunately, we need to move. We have had our condo on the market about a year, probably too highly priced and certainly without many lookers given this frightening economy. We recently reduced our selling price dramatically. What a painful decision. But, I am now hopeful we will sell and move on. I will miss my water view but I won't miss the mortgage! So far, during the course of my life, I have lived in a converted basement, a converted garage and even a caboose (on it's own set of tracks on a beautiful island in WA state). I've lived in duplexes, studio apartments, million-dollar condos, tiny water-front houses, houses in the woods, apartments in large apartment complexes, apartments in small complexes. I have lived alone; I have lived with roommates; I have even lived with my brother. I have lived in the east coast and on the west. When this condo sells (not if) we are thinking of building a home. Now, that should be a new and exciting adventure. We know what we want and have a good idea of where we might build. I know we will have this home for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment