Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cattitude

As my summer vacation draws near, my husband says that if I didn't have summers off, I wouldn't be so tired. I think he's right. Odd kind of dynamic going on there. Anyway, I look forward to wrapping up the school year and moving into a totally different frame-of-mind for July and August. I don't work in the schools because we get a long vacation, but I love it. I love my work as well, well mostly, but I thoroughly enjoy having time to do what I want, when I want, without the guilt of not working. During summer, all my creative juices flow. I spend lots of time reading. I enjoy travel. I paint and decorate furniture, make jewelry, dream of building giant metal sculpture. I have to admit, tho, that I know I will sincerely miss my students. In my line of work, you get to know kids intensely, hopefully make a difference in their lives and then wave goodbye as they walk on down the road. Bittersweet for me. But I won't miss endless meetings, reams of paperwork, and tiresome data entry (the part of my job I don't like). Here's to summer and a snappy, sassy cattitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment