Sunday, May 9, 2010

From one Joy to Another


Shortly after my mom (who's name was Joyce) died, I lay in bed at her house early one morning. To my astonishment and then a little fear, I smelled the most distinct scent of roses in the air. It happened one other morning. I looked high and low. There were no roses in the house. Roses were especially important to my mom. My dad has always had a rose garden. Every morning roses were in bloom, he would bring her several fresh cut flowers that she would proudly display all around the house. As my mom lay in her pink casket on that last, sad day I sprinkled pink roses petals from dad's garden over her finally peaceful body. Miss and love you mom...



My 85-year old dad! Still alive and well :) And, still loving his roses!

Sent to me from my very thoughtful friend...For my mother in heaven: If roses grow in heaven, Lord pick a bunch for me , place them in my mothers arms and tell her they're from me. Tell her that I love and miss her and when she turns to smile, place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for awhile, because remembering her is easy, I do it everyday, There's an ache that will never go away.......Happy Mothers Day In Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment