Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Out for a Walk


So, to keep my sanity while returning back to full-time work I walk during lunch, for 20-30 minutes a day. I leave at 12:05, walk to my car, sit down on the passenger seat, slip off my sandals and change into my walking shoes. Then I head out, happily alone, almost race walking. As I walk and meditate, I think of everything I can imagine positive (I have to remind myself to do this particularly when somebody at work has made me mental). I make myself look around and breath deeply. Yoga has taught me well :) Today I saw 3 colors of hydrangea's in my 20-minute walk...who knew? The first hydrangea I encountered was filled with beautiful pale pink balloon-like blooms that drooped way down to the ground. I loved those big, heavy blooms, full of life and color. Next I noticed a bush of bright blue hydrangea blossoms, not 10 feet away, with blossoms as blue as the cloudless late summer sky. On down the road, around the corner and next to a big white house I spotted amazing, dainty little maroon hydrangea blooms, perky little flowers standing tall. I had never seen maroon hydrangea flowers.

During my entire meditative walk my bright and cheery red linen blouse with silver elephant buttons sang a song, the bells on the little silver elephant feet jingling all the way. Any wonder why I love my noon-time walks? I return to work ready for whatever the afternoon brings...at peace.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Lyrical, genuine and very real. I love this side of you, sis!

    ReplyDelete