Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pansies

So, to get ready to show the condo that we have had on the market for a year, I bought some pansies. I do everything I can to make it look like the condo YOU want to buy when we have a showing :) Pansies are the first annuals you can buy so I bought a few bowls to put on the decks and near the entrance. I found after doing a little research, that the pansey is derived from the French word pensée meaning "thought", and was so named because the flower resembles a human face. Hmmmm.....I don't see the resemblance at all. Anyway, I think annuals such as pansies, pretty tho they are, are boring. I have a friend who hates impatients for the same reason, I spose. They are just not interesting. Once I lived in a house that had a perennial garden. I was amazed and have never forgotten how spectacular it was to watch waves of color come and go as the season passed. With each change in temperature and time of the season flowers all of one color bloomed. It makes sense when you think about it, but it is unbelievable to live around and watch. You have to enjoy each new splash of color while it's right there in front of you because soon, the yellow flowers will bloom and the blue will have had their day. To my way of thinking that's what spring, summer, fall flowers should be about. Living as I do, tho, for now anyway, in a condo, I have to be satisfied with my little bowl of pansies, forever pink and purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment