Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Working Up a Sweat


My husband told me last night that while he watches me labour on the elliptical machine I barely move. That was not a little frustrating as I have worked hard to get to level 16. He told me this at the gym right after I had told him I had ridden the stationary bicycle like mad but at a low speed and my heart rate was way up. When I thought about my heart rate while riding my elliptical machine at home, it was true, my heart rate was low even though I was straining with each and every push on the pedal. Why is it that we think we have to be at the highest level, always, to get the most benefit? Sometimes staying at a medium level and pushing it as hard as you can works up the most sweat....leads to the biggest benefit. Good principle for life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment